Format

Send to

Choose Destination
Actas Urol Esp. 1998 Jul-Aug;22(7):599-601.

[Rectal hemorrhage as a first sign of renal cell adenocarcinoma].

[Article in Spanish]

Author information

1
Departamento de Cirugía, Ginecología y Obstetricia, Hospital Clínico Universitario, Zaragoza.

Abstract

Renal cell carcinoma accounts for 85% of all renal primary tumours, the remaining 15% tumours originating either in the renal pelvis or the renal capsule. Clinical signs and symptoms of renal adenocarcinoma can be classified in four groups: specifically urological signs and symptoms, unspecific general symptoms, paraneoplastic syndromes, and metastasis-derived symptoms. The classical triad consists of haematuria, pain and palpable abdominal mass; at present this triad appears in a minority of cases, and is usually a late finding. The number of cases diagnosed from unspecific signs and symptoms is increasingly larger. Routine use of ultrasound and CAT allows a higher number of diagnosis, which frequently occur in the less advanced stages. The present paper presents a case report of renal cell adenocarcinoma, diagnosed from an infrequent early symptom such as rectal bleeding.

PMID:
9807872
[Indexed for MEDLINE]

Supplemental Content

Loading ...
Support Center