Format

Send to

Choose Destination
See comment in PubMed Commons below
Obstet Gynecol. 1983 Jul;62(1):79-82.

Cervical pregnancy analysis: a review and report of five cases.

Abstract

Five cases of cervical pregnancy are presented, with an incidence of 1:2400. Four of the cases, proved after hysterectomy and histopathologic confirmation, occurred in 1981. One was clinically most probable and was treated conservatively by curettage and packing. The distinction between proved and clinically probable cases of cervical pregnancy is defined. A review and analysis of the literature reveals an increasing incidence of cervical pregnancy. This may be due largely to increased numbers of induced abortions and sharp curetting. The maternal mortality rate has decreased from approximately 40 to 45% to zero in the past 30 years. Approximately 70% are treated necessarily by total hysterectomy. The remaining 30% are treated conservatively; however, ensuing pregnancies are rare in such women. Only three cases of pregnancy following probable cervical pregnancy have been reported. The last reported case was in 1953.

PMID:
6856229
[Indexed for MEDLINE]
PubMed Commons home

PubMed Commons

0 comments
How to join PubMed Commons

    Supplemental Content

    Loading ...
    Support Center