Format

Send to

Choose Destination
Pathol Res Pract. 2019 Apr;215(4):761-765. doi: 10.1016/j.prp.2019.01.006. Epub 2019 Jan 19.

Investigation of BRAF mutation in a series of papillary thyroid carcinoma and matched-lymph node metastasis with ARMS PCR.

Author information

1
Department of Pathology, Binzhou People's Hospital, No. 515 Huanghe 7th Road, Binzhou, Shandong Province, 256600, PR China.
2
Department of Rehabilitation Training, Binzhou People's Hospital, No. 515 Huanghe 7th Road, Binzhou, Shandong Province, 256600, PR China.
3
School of Pharmacy, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, 200240, PR China.
4
Department of Surgery, Binzhou People's Hospital, No. 515 Huanghe 7th Road, Binzhou, Shandong Province, 256600, PR China. Electronic address: qygcy1985@163.com.

Abstract

OBJECTIVES:

To figure out that if there is a consistency relationship of the BRAFV600E mutation in matched-lymph node metastasis and original papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC) specimen for the same patient.

METHODS:

We collected the specimen of thyroids and matched-lymph node metastases of PTCs and tested the BRAFV600E mutation status with amplification refractory mutation system (ARMS) PCR.

RESULTS:

20 patients with PTC and metastasis lymph node were hired. In this cohort, 16 (80%) patients had the same BRAF genetic mutation status in thyroid and metastasis, and the other 4 (20%) had an inconsistent situation.

CONCLUSIONS:

Within our cohort, the data suggested that wild-type BRAFV600E oncogene in thyroid primary tumor does not rule out its mutation in lymph node metastasis, and vice versa.

KEYWORDS:

BRAFV600E; Lymph node metastasis; PTC

PMID:
30819583
DOI:
10.1016/j.prp.2019.01.006
[Indexed for MEDLINE]

Supplemental Content

Full text links

Icon for Elsevier Science
Loading ...
Support Center