Format

Send to

Choose Destination
Am Fam Physician. 1986 Apr;33(4):127-33.

The hepatitis B carrier state.

Abstract

Acute hepatitis B virus infection resolves in 95 percent of patients within one year. The remaining 5 percent have persistent infection and become chronic carriers. In the United States, there are nearly one million carriers, who are at increased risk of developing immune-complex disorders and liver diseases. Treatment is available to reduce vertical transmission, and ongoing trials of immunosuppressive and antiviral agents are aimed at decreasing or resolving viral replication.

PMID:
2938461
[Indexed for MEDLINE]

Supplemental Content

Loading ...
Support Center