Format

Send to

Choose Destination
See comment in PubMed Commons below
Int J Surg. 2014;12(5):432-6. doi: 10.1016/j.ijsu.2014.03.006. Epub 2014 Mar 18.

A retrospective analysis of reversed femoral Less Invasive Stable System (LISS) for treatment of subtrochanteric femoral fracture.

Author information

  • 1Department of Emergency Traumatology, East Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, No. 150 Jimo Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai 200120, China.
  • 2Department of Emergency Traumatology, East Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, No. 150 Jimo Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai 200120, China. Electronic address: zengchun_li@hotmail.com.

Abstract

PURPOSE:

This retrospective study aimed at investigating the indications, the surgical techniques and clinical results of treatment for unstable subtrochanteric fractures with reverse Less Invasive Stable System-distal femur (LISS-DF).

METHODS:

A total of twenty-six unstable subtrochanteric fracture patients were fixed with reverse LISS-DF from April 2005 to April 2008, including 17 (65%) males and 9 (35%) females with an average age of 43 years (ranged 35-56 years). Among them, 15 (57.7%) patients suffered road traffic accidents, and the remaining 11 (42.3%) patients had fall-related injuries. There were 16 patients with 32-A3.3 type, 4 with 32-A3.1 type and six with 32-A2.3 type fractures according to the AO classification.

RESULTS:

All patients were followed up after surgery for 28 months (ranged 24-35 months). All of the incisions healed primarily, and no postoperative complications were found, such as coax vara and femoral head perforation of screws. The average recovery time of all patients was 4 months (ranged 2-7 months), and the average Harris score was 85 points (ranged 71-98 points).

CONCLUSIONS:

Reverse LISS-DF is an effective operation for treatment of unstable subtrochanteric femoral fracture (AO classification, 32-A3.3, 32-A3.1 and 32-A2.3). Its advantages are minimal blood loss and reliable fixation.

KEYWORDS:

Internal fixation device; Retrospective study; Reverse Less Invasive Stable System-distal femur; Subtrochanteric femoral fractures

PMID:
24651027
DOI:
10.1016/j.ijsu.2014.03.006
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Free full text
PubMed Commons home

PubMed Commons

0 comments
How to join PubMed Commons

    Supplemental Content

    Full text links

    Icon for Elsevier Science
    Loading ...
    Support Center