Format

Send to

Choose Destination
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2014 Apr;73(4):819-25. doi: 10.1007/s00280-014-2411-2. Epub 2014 Feb 15.

Salvage chemotherapy with docetaxel and pegylated liposomal doxorubicin in pretreated patients with platinum- and taxane-sensitive ovarian cancer: a multicenter phase II trial of the Hellenic Oncology Research Group (HORG).

Author information

1
Hellenic Oncology Research Group (HORG), 55 Lombardou Str, 11474, Athens, Greece.

Abstract

PURPOSE:

To evaluate the safety and antitumor activity of docetaxel (DOC) and pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD) combination in patients with platinum- and taxane-sensitive ovarian cancer.

PATIENTS AND METHODS:

Twenty-three patients were enrolled. DOC was administered at the dose of 40 mg/m(2) intravenously (i.v.) and PLD at 20 mg/m(2) i.v. on days 1 and 15 in cycles of 28 days. The study was closed prematurely due to slow accrual.

RESULTS:

Seven (30.4 %) patients achieved objective response (three complete, four partial), while five (21.7 %) others experienced stable disease (overall disease control rate 52.1 %). The median progression-free survival was 4.8 months and the median overall survival 18.8 months. Grade 3-4 neutropenia occurred in two (8.7 %) and one (4.3 %) patients, respectively. Febrile neutropenia occurred in two patients. The most common non-hematological grade 3 toxicity was hand-foot syndrome (13 % of patients). There was no treatment-related death.

CONCLUSIONS:

The combination of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin and docetaxel is a well tolerated and a relatively active regimen in pretreated patients with platinum- and taxane-sensitive advanced ovarian cancer.

PMID:
24531559
DOI:
10.1007/s00280-014-2411-2
[Indexed for MEDLINE]

Supplemental Content

Full text links

Icon for Springer
Loading ...
Support Center