Format

Send to

Choose Destination
See comment in PubMed Commons below
Molecules. 2008 Sep 16;13(9):2181-9.

Phytochemical analysis of the essential oil from botanically certified oleogum resin of Boswellia sacra (Omani Luban).

Author information

1
Department of Chemistry, College of Science, Sultan Qaboos University, P.O Box 36, Al-Khod 123, Oman. aharrasi@squ.edu.om

Abstract

The yield of hydrodistillation of a botanically certified Oleogum Resin of Boswellia sacra essential oil (5.5%); and its chemical constituents were determined. The GC/MS technique was used for the analysis of the oil. Several oil components were identified based upon comparison of their mass spectral data with those of reference compounds published in literature or stored in a computer library. The oil was characterized by the high content of the monoterpenes (34) which constituted 97.3% in which E-beta-ocimene and limonene were the major constituents. The remaining 2.7% was accounted for the sesquiterpenes (16) in which the E-caryophyllene was the major constituent. The analysis proved the complete absence of the diterpenes.

PMID:
18830149
[Indexed for MEDLINE]
Free full text
PubMed Commons home

PubMed Commons

0 comments
How to join PubMed Commons

    Supplemental Content

    Full text links

    Icon for Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute (MDPI)
    Loading ...
    Support Center