Format

Send to

Choose Destination
Genome. 2005 Aug;48(4):606-9.

Analysis of expressed sequence tags of the water flea Daphnia magna.

Author information

1
Okazaki Institute for Integrative Bioscience, National Institutes of Natural Sciences, Japan.

Abstract

To study gene expression in the water flea Daphnia magna we constructed a cDNA library and characterized the expressed sequence tags (ESTs) of 7210 clones. The EST sequences clustered into 2958 nonredundant groups. BLAST analyses of both protein and DNA databases showed that 1218 (41%) of the unique sequences shared significant similarities to known nucleotide or amino acid sequences, whereas the remaining 1740 (59%) showed no significant similarities to other genes. Clustering analysis revealed particularly high expression of genes related to ATP synthesis, structural proteins, and proteases. The cDNA clones and EST sequence information should be useful for future functional analysis of daphnid biology and investigation of the links between ecology and genomics.

PMID:
16094427
DOI:
10.1139/g05-038
[Indexed for MEDLINE]

Supplemental Content

Full text links

Icon for Atypon
Loading ...
Support Center