Format

Send to

Choose Destination
See comment in PubMed Commons below
Recenti Prog Med. 2001 Sep;92(9):541.

[Significant increase of incidence of cypress pollen allergy in the city of Rome].

[Article in Italian]

Author information

  • 1Dipartimento di Scienze Cardiovascolari e Respiratorie, Universit√† La Sapienza, Roma.

Abstract

In the second semester of 1999, 246 patients, living in a Roman urban area, were subjected to a prick-test screening. 194 (78.9%) of the patients showed a positive answer toward almost one of the tested allergens, whereas the other 51 persons (21.1%) turned out to be negative. Of the patients with a positive cutireaction, 59 (24% of total survey and 30.4% of allergic subjects), with an average age of 29.6 (SD = 12.78) showed sensitization toward cypressus. The results were compared with a case-study of 900 atopic subjects, recruited by the same Center between 1994-96 and living in the same Roman area. In this last group we only found 84 pts (9.3%) with a positive prick-test toward Cypressus, with an average age of 35.2 (DS = 13.48). This analysis wants to stress the increasing incidence of allergy toward cypressus among atopic subjects, switching from 9.3% to 30.4%, in the same urban area, during these last three years.

PMID:
11552313
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
PubMed Commons home

PubMed Commons

0 comments
How to join PubMed Commons

    Supplemental Content

    Loading ...
    Support Center