Format

Send to

Choose Destination
See comment in PubMed Commons below
Am J Med Genet. 2000 Jun 19;92(5):318-21.

Mosaic telomeric (2;14) association in a child with motor delay.

Author information

1
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, University Maastricht, The Netherlands. john.engelen@gen.unimaas.nl

Abstract

In a 6-year-old girl referred because of mild motor delay and hyperextensible joints, chromosome analysis disclosed a derivative chromosome consisting of end-to-end fusion of chromosomes 2 and 14. Two cell lines existed in which this telomere association was present, one with a 45,XX,tas(2;14)(q37;p11) karyotype and one with a 45,XX,tas(2;14) (q37;q32) karyotype. The cell line with the telomeric fusion of 2q and 14p was present in 90% of the cells; a telomeric fusion of 2q and 14q was seen in the remaining 10% of the cells. In both association complexes, only the centromere of chromosome 14 was active. Fluorescence in situ hybridization with telomere and subtelomere probes disclosed no deletion of chromosomal material. Microsatellite analysis showed that the patient had a normal biparental contribution of chromosomes 14.

PMID:
10861660
[Indexed for MEDLINE]
PubMed Commons home

PubMed Commons

0 comments
How to join PubMed Commons

    Supplemental Content

    Loading ...
    Support Center