|Jump to:||Authorized Access|||||Attribution|||||Authorized Requests|
- Study Description
Important Links and Information
Request access via Authorized Access
- Instructions for requestors
- Data Use Certification (DUC) Agreement
- Talking Glossary of Genetic Terms
This study phs001092 PMH CCFR contains genotype and phenotype of subjects available from the phs001092 study. Summary level phenotypes for the NCI GECCO Consortium study participants can be viewed at the top-level study page phs001078 GECCO Consortium. Individual level phenotype data and molecular data for all GECCO Consortium top-level study and individual studies are available by requesting Authorized Access to the NCI GECCO Consortium phs001078 study.
This study was included as part of a GWAS consortium. The Postmenopausal Hormones Supplementary Study to the Colon Cancer Family Registry (PMH-CCFR) enrolled females residing in 13 counties in Washington State which reported to the Cancer Surveillance SEER program. Participants were between 50 and 74 years of age. Cases were identified from patients newly diagnosed with invasive colorectal adenocarcinoma between October 1998 and February 2002. Only those who could be contacted by phone and spoke English were eligible. Matched controls were randomly selected from lists of licensed drivers from the Washington State Department of Licensing and lists from the Health Care Financing Administration (now the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid). Samples that had not previously been genotyped as part of the Colon Cancer Family Registry (CCFR) and had sufficient DNA extracted from blood were genotyped.
- Study Design:
- Study Type:
- Request access via Authorized Access
- Authorized Access
- Publicly Available Data (Public ftp)
- Study Inclusion/Exclusion Criteria
Eligibility criteria for cases included:
- Female residents residing in 13 counties in Washington State,
- Diagnosed with invasive colorectal adenocarcinoma between October 1998 and February 2002, and
- English-speaking with available telephone numbers.
Colorectal cancer cases exclusions:
- In situ,
- Neuroendocrine carcinoma (large cell),
- Squamous cell carcinoma,
- Carcinoid tumor,
- Goblet cell carcinoid, and
- Any type of lymphoma, including non-Hodgkin, Mantle cell, large B-cell, or follicular lymphoma.
Controls were matched on age distribution (in 5-year age intervals)
- Molecular Data
Type Source Platform Number of Oligos/SNPs SNP Batch Id Comment Whole Genome Genotyping Illumina HumanCytoSNP-12v2 N/A N/A
- Selected publications
- Diseases/Traits Related to Study (MeSH terms)
- Primary Phenotype: Colorectal Neoplasms
- Links to Related Resources
- Authorized Data Access Requests
See research articles citing use of the data from this study
- Study Attribution
PMH-CCFR Principal Investigator
- Polly Newcomb, PhD, MPH. Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
Funding for Genetics and Epidemiology of Colorectal Cancer Consortium (GECCO) and PMH-CCFR
- R01 CA076366. National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA.
- U01 CA137088. National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA.
- R01 CA059045. National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA.
- P30 CA015704. National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA.
GECCO Principal Investigator
- Ulrike Peters, PhD. Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA; University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA.
- Li Hsu, PhD. Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA.
- PMH-CCFR Principal Investigator