- ASTHO (Association of State and Territorial Health Officials) Operational framework for partnering with pharmacies for administration of 2009 H1N1 vaccine. Sep 28, 2009. [accessed August 6, 2010]. http://www
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) Emergency MedKit Evaluation Study Summary. Nov 15, 2007. [accessed August 2, 2010]. http://www
.bt.cdc.gov /agent/anthrax/prep /pdf/medkit-evaluation-summary-2007.pdf.
- CDC. Cities Readiness Initiative. 2010a. [accessed August 2, 2010]. http://www
- Strategic National Stockpile. CDC. 2010b. [accessed August 2, 2010]. http://www
- CDC. Estimates of deaths associated with seasonal influenza—United States, 1976–2007. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 2010c;59(33):1057–1062. [PubMed: 20798667]
- CDC. History of flu pandemics. 2010d. [accessed, August 27, 2010]. http://www
.flu.gov/individualfamily /about/pandemic/history .html.
- CDC. Coverage under the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness (PREP) Act for H1N1 vaccination. 2010e. [accessed August 25, 2010]. http://www
.flu.gov/professional /federal/vaccineliability .html.
- CDC. Termination of the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of medical products and devices. 2010f. [accessed August 2, 2010]. http://www
- DHS (Department of Homeland Security) Memorandum from Michael Chertoff to Michael O. Leavitt, Determination Pursuant to Section 564 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. Sep 23, 2008. [accessed August 5, 2010]. http://bioterrorism
.slu .edu/education/projects /EQUIPPDocs/Chertoff.pdf.
- FDA (Food and Drug Administration) SOPP 8010: Administrative procedures for Emergency Use Authorization of medical products. 2005. [accessed August 2, 2010]. http://www
.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines /GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation /ProceduresSOPPs/ucm061226.Htm.
- FDA. Emergency Use Authorization of medical products: Guidance. Jul, 2007. [accessed July 5, 2010]. http://www
- FDA. Letter of Emergency Use Authorization for the pre-event provision and potential use of doxycycline hyclate tablet emergency kits for inhalational anthrax. Feb 5, 2008. [accessed August 5, 2010]. http://www
.fda.gov/downloads /Drugs/EmergencyPreparedness /BioterrorismandDrugPreparedness/UCM107309 .pdf.
- FDA. Authorizations of emergency use of certain antiviral drugs–zanamivir and oseltamivir phosphate. Federal Register. 2010a;74(148):38648–38654.
- FDA. Authorization of emergency use of the antiviral product peramivir accompanied by emergency use information. Federal Register. 2010b;74(210):56644–56649.
- FDA. Authorization of emergency use of certain personal respiratory protection devices. Federal Register. 2010c;74(148):38644–38648.
- FDA. Medical devices and flu emergencies: Historical information. 2010d. [accessed August 25, 2010]. http://www
.fda.gov/MedicalDevices /Safety /EmergencySituations/ucm161496.htm.
- HHS (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services) Project BioShield. 2010a. [accessed August 2, 2010]. https://www
.medicalcountermeasures .gov/BARDA /bioshield/bioshield.aspx.
- HHS. Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act. 2010b. [accessed August 2, 2010]. http://www
.phe.gov/preparedness /legal/prepact/Pages/default .aspx.
- HRSA (Health Resources and Services Administration) Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program, procedures for submitting a letter of intent to file requests for benefits. Federal Register. 2010a May 12;75(91):26773–26774.
- HRSA. Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program. 2010b. [accessed August 25, 2010]. http://www
.hrsa.gov/gethealthcare /conditions /countermeasurescomp/index.html.
- IOM (Institute of Medicine) Dispensing medical countermeasures for public health emergencies: Workshop summary. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2008.
- IOM. The Public Health Emergency Medical Countermeasures Enterprise: Innovative strategies to enhance products from discovery through approval: Workshop summary. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2010a. [PubMed: 22171399]
- IOM. The 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccination campaign: Summary of a workshop series. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2010b. [PubMed: 21595118]
- NABP (National Association of Boards of Pharmacy) Model State Pharmacy Act and Model Rules of the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy. Aug, 2010. [accessed October 29, 2010]. http://www
- NACCHO (National Association of County and City Health Officials) Local health department job losses and program cuts: Findings from January/February 2010 survey. May, 2010. [accessed July 2, 2010]. http://www
.naccho.org /topics/infrastructure /lhdbudget/upload /Job-Losses-and-Program-Cuts-5-10.pdf.
- Sherman SE, Foster J, Vaid S. Emergency Use Authorization and the 2009 H1N1 influenza. Biosecurity and Bioterrorism: Biodefense Strategy, Practice, and Science. 2009;7(3):245–250. [PubMed: 19821747]
- Trust for America’s Health. Shortchanging America’s health: A state-by-state look at how public health dollars are spent and key state health facts. Mar, 2010. [accessed July 2, 2010]. http:
//healthyamericans .org/assets/files /TFAH2010Shortchanging05.pdf.
- The White House. Executive Order—medical countermeasures following a biological attack. Dec 30, 2009. [accessed August 2, 2010]. http://www
.whitehouse .gov/the-press-office /executive-order-medical-countermeasures-following-a-biological-attack.
National Academies Press (US), Washington (DC)
Institute of Medicine (US) Forum on Medical and Public Health Preparedness for Catastrophic Events. Medical Countermeasures Dispensing: Emergency Use Authorization and the Postal Model, Workshop Summary. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 2010. A, References.