This publication is provided for historical reference only and the information may be out of date.
In designing the study questions and methodology at the outset of this report, the EPC consulted several technical and content experts. Broad expertise and perspectives were sought. Divergent and conflicted opinions are common and perceived as healthy scientific discourse that results in a thoughtful, relevant systematic review. Therefore, in the end, study questions, design, methodologic approaches, and/or conclusions do not necessarily represent the views of individual technical and content experts.
Technical Experts must disclose any financial conflicts of interest greater than $10,000 and any other relevant business or professional conflicts of interest. Because of their unique clinical or content expertise, individuals with potential conflicts may be retained. The TOO and the EPC work to balance, manage, or mitigate any potential conflicts of interest identified.
The list of Technical Experts who participated in developing this report follows:
- Jonathan R. Davidson, M.D.Professor Emeritus, Psychiatry–Psychiatry & Behavioral SciencesDirector, Anxiety and Traumatic Stress ProgramDuke University Medical CenterDurham, NC
- Laura Fochtmann, M.D.Medical Editor, American Psychiatric Association Practice GuidelinesProfessor, Psychiatry and Director of the ECT ServiceStony Brook University Medical CenterStony Brook, NY
- Matthew J. Friedman, M.D., Ph.D.Executive Director, National Center for Posttraumatic Stress DisorderU.S. Department of Veterans AffairsProfessor of Psychiatry and of Pharmacology and ToxicologyDartmouth Medical SchoolHanover, NH
- Daniel I. Galper, Ph.D.Director of Research & Special ProjectsAmerican Psychological AssociationWashington, DC
- Terence M. Keane, Ph.D.Professor, Psychiatry and Assistant Dean for ResearchBoston University School of MedicineDirector, National Center for PTSD–Behavioral Sciences DivisionAssociate Chief of Staff, Research & DevelopmentVA Boston Healthcare SystemBoston, MA
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US), Rockville (MD)
Gartlehner G, Forneris CA, Brownley KA, et al. Interventions for the Prevention of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) in Adults After Exposure to Psychological Trauma [Internet]. Rockville (MD): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US); 2013 Apr. (Comparative Effectiveness Reviews, No. 109.) Technical Expert Panel.