- Bar-Yam Y. Making things work: Solving complex problems in a complex world. Boston, MA: Knowledge Press; 2004.
- Chrislip DD, Larson CE. Collaborative leadership: How citizens and civic leaders can make a difference. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass; 1994.
- Flegal KM, Carroll MD, Ogden CL, Curtin LR. Prevalence and trends in obesity among U.S. adults, 1999–2008. Journal of the American Medical Association. 2010;303(3):235–241. [PubMed: 20071471]
- Foresight. Tackling obesities: Future choices—obesity system atlas. UK Government Office for Science; 2007. [accessed April 2, 2012]. http://www
.bis.gov.uk /assets/bispartners /foresight/docs/obesity/11.pdf. [PubMed: 17316292]
- IOM (Institute of Medicine) Evaluation of biomarkers and surrogate endpoints in chronic disease. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2010.
- IOM. Providing healthy and safe foods as we age: Workshop summary. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2010. [PubMed: 21391340]
- IOM. Leveraging food technology for obesity prevention and reduction efforts: Workshop summary. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2011. [PubMed: 22259818]
- Kraak VI, Swinburn B, Lawrence M, Harrison PJ. Accountability of public–private partnerships with food, beverage and quick-serve restaurant companies to address global hunger and the double burden of malnutrition. SCN News. 2011;39:11–24.
- NCHS (National Center for Health Statistics) Health, United States, 2010: With special feature on death and dying. Hyattsville, MD: NCHS; 2011. [PubMed: 21634072]
- Solomon RC, Flores F. Building trust in business, politics, relationships, and life. New York: Oxford University Press; 2001.
- UNSCN (United Nations System Standing Committee on Nutrition) SCN private sector engagement policy. 2006. [accessed April 2, 2012]. http://www
.unscn.org /en/structure/scn_and _the_private_sector/
- UNSCN. A draft proposal for initiating SCN private sector engagement. 2007. [accessed April 2, 2012]. http://www
- WHO PMNCH (World Health Organization Partnership for Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health) Draft policy for engagement with the private sector—Principles for engagement. 2010. [accessed April 2, 2012]. http://www
.who.int/pmnch /about/steering_committee /B9_10_7_1_principles _recommendations _pmnch_engagement.pdf.
- Woteki C. Informal survey of public–private partnerships in the US, Europe, and Australia. unpublished.
Copyright © 2012, National Academy of Sciences.
National Academies Press (US), Washington (DC)
Institute of Medicine (US). Building Public-Private Partnerships in Food and Nutrition: Workshop Summary. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 2012. References.