- Annotated two-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (2-D PAGE) and SDS-PAGE.
- Established in 1993 and maintained collaboratively by the Central Clinical Chemistry Laboratory of the Geneva University Hospital and the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB).
- Each SWISS-2DPAGE entry contains textual data on one protein, including
- Mapping procedures.
- Physiological and pathological information.
- Experimental data (isoelectric point, molecular weight, amino acid composition, peptide masses).
- Bibliographical references.
- images showing the experimentally determined location of the protein, as well as a theoretical region computed from the sequence protein, indicating where the protein might be found in the gel.
- Cross-references to Medline and other federated 2-DE databases and molecular databases.
View a SWISS-2DPAGE sample record via the SWISS-2DPAGE Map Selection (click here to enter):
- It allows you to select a 2-D PAGE map which will be displayed.
- You will then be requested to click on
a spot and will obtain information on the corresponding protein.