Format

Send to:

Choose Destination
See comment in PubMed Commons below
Acta Oncol. 1994;33(8):921-4.

Carboplatin and etoposide in extensive small cell lung cancer.

Author information

  • 1Department of Radiotherapy and Oncology, Kuopio University Hospital, Finland.

Abstract

The combination of carboplatin and etoposide was evaluated in 61 previously untreated patients with extensive small cell lung cancer. Treatment was given at four-week intervals with 450 mg/m2 of carboplatin intravenously (i.v.) on day 1 and etoposide 100 mg/m2 i.v. on days 1-3. The response was complete in 5 (9%) and partial in 28 (50%) of the 56 evaluable patients (overall response rate 59%). The median time to progression after response as well as the median survival time in all evaluable patients was 4.6 months. WHO grade 3 and 4 leukopenia and thrombocytopenia occurred in 8% and 11% of the courses respectively. Two treatment-related deaths were registered. The combination of carboplatin and etoposide used in the present study produced acceptable response rate and toxicity, but duration of response and median survival were shorter than expected from earlier studies.

PMID:
7818926
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
PubMed Commons home

PubMed Commons

0 comments
How to join PubMed Commons

    Supplemental Content

    Loading ...
    Write to the Help Desk