Format

Send to:

Choose Destination
See comment in PubMed Commons below
Cancer Treat Rep. 1980 Jan;64(1):93-8.

Cyclophosphamide, vincristine, adriamycin, and DTIC (CYVADIC) combination chemotherapy for the treatment of advanced sarcomas.

Abstract

One hundred and forty adult patients with advanced sarcomas (125 soft tissue and 15 bone) were treated with a combination chemotherapy regimen consisting of cyclophosphamide, vincristine, Adriamycin, and DTIC (CYVADIC). There were 21 (15%) complete and 45 (32%) partial responders, with an overall response rate of 47%. The response rate was 50% (17% complete) for patients with soft tissue sarcomas compared with 20% (none complete) for patients with bone sarcomas. The median duration of response was 9.5 months (range, 1-40+ months) for complete responders and 7 months (range, 1-31 months) for partial responders. The median time to achieve response was 9 weeks and the median number of courses of therapy to response was three. The median survival time was 16 months for responders compared with 7 months for nonresponders (P = 0.001). The most responsive tumor types were neurofibrosarcoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, leiomyosarcoma, fibrosarcoma, and angiosarcoma. Pulmonary and soft tissue metastases were more responsive than bone and liver metastases. CYVADIC toxicity was predominantly limited to myelosuppression, vomiting, fever of unknown origin, and neuropathy. CYVADIC is an effective combination chemotherapy regimen in the treatment of advanced sarcomas.

PMID:
7379060
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
PubMed Commons home

PubMed Commons

0 comments
How to join PubMed Commons

    Supplemental Content

    Loading ...
    Write to the Help Desk