Format

Send to

Choose Destination
See comment in PubMed Commons below
J Nucl Med. 1978 Mar;19(3):284-6.

Human reaction to bovine TSH: concise communication.

Abstract

The incidence of allergic reactions to bovine TSH and its relation to dose have been studied in 42 patients with thyroid cancer who had total ablation of functioning thyroidal tissue and have been followed prospectively for up to 25 yr. Of these patients, 43% showed an allergic reaction to bovine TSH. The remaining 57% have shown no reaction, even though they have received cumulative TSH doses larger than those who did show a reaction. The reaction rate is linear up to a cumulative dose of 150 units and is not dose-related therafter.

PMID:
632904
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Free full text
PubMed Commons home

PubMed Commons

0 comments
How to join PubMed Commons

    Supplemental Content

    Full text links

    Icon for HighWire
    Loading ...
    Write to the Help Desk