Format

Send to:

Choose Destination
See comment in PubMed Commons below
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu. 2010 Nov;39(6):747-50.

[Pre-warning model of bacterial foodborne illness based on performance of principal component analysis combined with support vector machine].

[Article in Chinese]

Author information

  • 1Beijing Center of Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing 100013, China. dhjcdc@gmail.com

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

Based on the historical data of bacterial foodborne illness, the scoring system applied on the pre-warning model system was established in this study according to the rated harm factors. It could build up effectively the predictive model in the analysis of foodborne illness accidents.

METHODS:

Extracting the useful information, the principal component analysis was performed on the normalized raw data to reduce the dimension. The result was split into 70% data randomly for training set into the regression model of support vector machine that was used to predict the remaining 30% .

RESULTS:

Through reducing the dimensions for selecting the optional PCs, it could optimize the calibration and improve the efficiency. The combining method of principal component analysis (PCA) and support vector machine (SVM) could provide the reliable results in the pre-warning model, especially for the high-dimensional data with the limited sample populations. Furthermore, it could achieve 80% accuracy with the optimized parameters.

CONCLUSION:

The pre-warning model of bacterial foodborne illness could give the assessment of the poisoning accidents and provided the scientific theory for reducing the incidence of bacterial of food poisoning.

PMID:
21351646
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
PubMed Commons home

PubMed Commons

0 comments
How to join PubMed Commons

    Supplemental Content

    Loading ...
    Write to the Help Desk