Display Settings:

Format

Send to:

Choose Destination
See comment in PubMed Commons below
Hist Med Vet. 1999;24(3):84-7.

[The establishment and closure of the Veterinary School in Karlsruhe].

[Article in German]

Abstract

In 1784 in Karlsruhe a veterinary school was established. Its first Director was Ernst Jacob VIERORDT. At first the period of the study was determined two years. Connected with the chaos of wars of liberation the veterinary school was closed in 1814. 1823 teaching was started newly under the direction of TSCHEULIN. 1844 the period of the study was prolonged to three years. Because of lack of money, and because the two professors FUCHS and DITTWEILER could not manage the necessary specialization in the veterinary medicine without additonal teaching staff, 1860 the veterinary school was closed definitively.

PMID:
11623944
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
PubMed Commons home

PubMed Commons

0 comments
How to join PubMed Commons

    Supplemental Content

    Loading ...
    Write to the Help Desk