Genome Assemblies and Annotation: Information concerning how assemblies are produced, maintained and annotated.
- Assembly Basics: A guide to how genome assemblies are performed.
- Genome Reference Consortium: A project to support curation of genomes once the major sequencing effort has been completed. Currently supporting human and mouse.
- AGP Information: An AGP is a commonly used file format for describing assemblies. They are accepted by GenBank as well as other genome browsers.
- TPF Specification (pdf): A file format for providing sequence order for a given assembly. This is used as input for the genome maintenance projects.
- Annotation Information: In formation on what annotation NCBI provides.
Eukaryotic Genome Guides: provides easy access to specific data for selected organisms. This data may come from NCBI, Model Organism Databases (MODs) or other community resouces.
- Human: information concerning genomes (including the Watson and Venter genomes), variation and genome annotation.
- Mouse: information concerning the reference genome as well as sequence data for other strains, gene trap data and genome annotation.
- Rat: information concerning the reference genome as well as phenotypic data and genome annotation.
- Drosophila: information concerning the genome of Drosphila melangaster as well as that of other flies.
- See all Guides: a directory of all available genome guide pages.
Plant Genome Central: Access to plant genome sequencing information.
Microbial Genomes: Information on on microbial genomes.
Prokaryotic Genome Projects: Prokaryotic genome assembly information.
Organelle Genomes: Information on organelle genomes.