Mouse Genome Overview
Information concerning the continuing improvement of the mouse genome.
The GRC is working hard to provide the best possible reference assembly for mouse. We do this by both generating multiple representations (alternate loci) for regions that are too complex to be represented by a single path. Additionally, we are releasing regional fixes known as patches. This allows users who are interested in a specific locus to get an improved representation without affecting users who need chromosome coordinate stability.
- GRCm38.p2 (Latest minor release from the GRC): FTP
- GRCm38 (Latest Major release from the GRC): FTP
- Alignments of MGSCv37 to GRCm38: GRC FTP
- Information on regions under review: FTP
- Annotated clone assembly problems: FTP
- Current Tiling Path Files (TPFs)
Next assembly update
The next assembly update (patch release 3) will be a minor update (only patches) and will happen in December 2013.