Human Genome Overview
Information concerning the continuing improvement of the human genome
The GRC is working hard to provide the best possible reference assembly for human. We do this by both generating multiple representations (alternate loci) for regions that are too complex to be represented by a single path. Additionally, we are releasing regional fixes known as patches. This allows users who are interested in a specific locus to get an improved representation without affecting users who need chromosome coordinate stability.
- GRCh37 (latest major release): FTP
- GRCh37 Patch Release 13 (latest minor release): FTP
- Information on regions under review: FTP
- Annotated clone assembly problems: FTP
- Current Tiling Path Files (TPFs)