NOTICE: BED file format update and name change
The dbSNP BED format has been updated to comply with current
standard BED specifications
(https://genome.ucsc.edu/FAQ/FAQformat.html#format1 ); it has been QA tested
and is compatible with standard BED tools and genome browser uploads such as
the NCBI Remap Service (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genome/tools/remap), the
UCSC Genome browser (https://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgGateway) and the EBI
Genome Browser (http://www.ensembl.org).
The BED format update replaces dbSNP's 30 field BED format
(ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/snp/specs/BED_rsDocsum_Mapping.README.txt) with a
format that contains only three required fields and three optional fields:
1. chrom: The name of the chromosome (e.g. chr1, chr2, etc.).
2. chromStart: The Reference SNP (rs) start position on the chromosome.
Note: The first base in a chromosome is numbered 0.
3. chromEnd: The rs end position on the chromosome.
4. name: The dbSNP Reference SNP (rs) ID
5. score: dbSNP does not assign a score value, so this field will always
contain a 0 .
6. strand: This field defines strand orientation as either + or -.
The previous 30 field format is now known as the BED Extended format in the
output format selection below.
Please send corrections and comments to email@example.com.
dbSNP Production Team
The limit for each batch request is 30,000 IDs (ss#,rs#, etc.). A batch larger than the limit will be rejected. However, there's no limit to the number of batches submitted.
Requested data will be sent to the email address you provide
(Please enter only one email address per request)