The following decisions were made in conjunction with the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.
- Vaccination to prevent infection with HPV. The analysis is restricted to screening strategies only and does not include a strategy of vaccination to prevent infection with HPV.
- Adherence to screening, followup, and treatment. Adherence to screening, followup, and treatment is 100 percent for the base case.
- HPV DNA testing. HPV DNA testing refers to the Hybrid Capture 2 (HC2) high-risk HPV DNA test (Qiagen, Inc., Germantown, MD).
- Performance of colposcopy and biopsy. Colposcopy and biopsy are assumed to be 100 percent sensitive and specific.
- Strategies for the analysis of age at which to begin and end screening. This analysis is restricted to cytology-based strategies.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US), Rockville (MD)
Kulasingam SL, Havrilesky L, Ghebre R, et al. Screening for Cervical Cancer: A Decision Analysis for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force [Internet]. Rockville (MD): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US); 2011 May. (Evidence Syntheses, No. 86s.) Appendix A, Operational Decisions Made in Conjunction With the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.