This report has been reviewed in draft form by individuals chosen for their diverse perspectives and technical expertise in accordance with procedures approved by the National Research Council’s Report Review Committee. The purpose of this independent review is to provide candid and critical comments that will assist the institution in making its published report as sound as possible and to ensure that the report meets institutional standards for objectivity, evidence, and responsiveness to the study charge. The review comments and draft manuscript remain confidential to protect the integrity of the process. We wish to thank the following individuals for their review of this report:
- John S. Applegate, University of Indiana School of Law, Bloomington, IN
- John C. Bailar, III (Emeritus), University of Chicago, IL
- Kenneth I. Berns, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Charles N. Haas, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- Marc Lipsitch, Harvard University School of Public Health, Boston, MA
- Stephen Ostroff, Pennsylvania Department of Health, Harrisburg, PA
- Catherine Wilhelmsen, U.S. Army Medical Research Institute for Infectious Diseases, Frederick, MD
Although the reviewers listed above have provided many constructive comments and suggestions, they were not asked to endorse the conclusions or recommendations, nor did they see the final draft of the report before its release. The review of this report was overseen by Edward B. Perrin, University of Washington, Seattle, WA. Appointed by the National Research Council, he was responsible for making certain that an independent examination of this report was carried out in accordance with institutional procedures and that all review comments were carefully considered. Responsibility for the final content of this report rests entirely with the authoring Committee and the institution.
National Academies Press (US), Washington (DC)
National Research Council (US) Committee on Continuing Assistance to the National Institutes of Health on Preparation of Additional Risk Assessments for the Boston University NEIDL. Continuing Assistance to the National Institutes of Health on Preparation of Additional Risk Assessments for the Boston University NEIDL, Phase 3. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 2011. ACKNOWLEDGMENTS.