Appendix J References
- Blohmer JU, Paepke S, Sehouli J, et al. Randomized phase III trial of sequential adjuvant chemoradiotherapy with or without erythropoietin Alfa in patients with high-risk cervical cancer: results of the NOGGO-AGO intergroup study. J Clin Oncol. 2011 Oct 1;29(28):3791–7. [PubMed: 21860000]
- Engert A, Borchmann P, Fuchs M. A prospectively randomized placebo-controlled trial of epoetin-in patients with advanced-stage Hodgkin lymphoma: Final analysis of the GHSG HD15-EPO trial. Haematologica. 2009;94
- Goss G, Feld R, BezJak A, et al. Impact of maintaining Hb with epoetin alfa on time to progression (TTP), overall survival (OS), quality of life (QOL) and transfusion reduction in limited disease SCLC patients. Lung Cancer. 2005;49(S53):O-154.
- Gupta S, Singh PK, Bisth SS, et al. Role of recombinant human erythropoietin in patients of advanced cervical cancer treated “by chemoradiotherapy” Cancer Biol Ther. 2009 Jan;8(1):13–7. [PubMed: 18981719]
- Henke M, Laszig R, Rube C, et al. Erythropoietin to treat head and neck cancer patients with anaemia undergoing radiotherapy: randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet. 2003 Oct 18;362(9392):1255–60. [PubMed: 14575968]
- Hoskin PJ, Robinson M, Slevin N, et al. Effect of epoetin alfa on survival and cancer treatment-related anemia and fatigue in patients receiving radical radiotherapy with curative intent for head and neck cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2009 Dec 1;27(34):5751–6. [PubMed: 19884550]
- Machtay M, Pajak TF, Suntharalingam M, et al. Radiotherapy with or without erythropoietin for anemic patients with head and neck cancer: a randomized trial of the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG 99-03) Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007 Nov 15;69(4):1008–17. [PubMed: 17716826]
- Moebus V, Lueck HJ, Thomssen C, et al. The impact of epoetin-alpha on anemia, red blood cell (RBC) transfusions, and survival in breast cancer patients (pts) treated with dose-dense sequential chemotherapy: Mature results of an AGO phase III study (ETC trial) J Clin Oncol. 2007;25:569.
- Thomas G, Ali S, Hoebers FJ, et al. Phase III trial to evaluate the efficacy of maintaining hemoglobin levels above 12.0 g/dL with erythropoietin vs above 10.0 g/dL without erythropoietin in anemic patients receiving concurrent radiation and cisplatin for cervical cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2008 Feb;108(2):317–25. [PMC free article: PMC2350198] [PubMed: 18037478]
- Wagner LM, Billups CA, Furman WL, et al. Combined use of erythropoietin and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor does not decrease blood transfusion requirements during induction therapy for high-risk neuroblastoma: a randomized controlled trial. J Clin Oncol. 2004 May 15;22(10):1886–93. [PubMed: 15143081]
- Overgaard J Sr, Hoff CM, Hansen HS, et al. Randomized study of darbepoetin alfa as modifier of radiotherapy in patients with primary squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (HNSCC): Final outcome of the DAHANCA 10 trial. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27(15S):6007.
- Untch M, von Minckwitz G, Konecny GE, et al. PREPARE trial: a randomized phase III trial comparing preoperative, dose-dense, dose-intensified chemotherapy with epirubicin, paclitaxel, and CMF versus a standard-dosed epirubicin-cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel with or without darbepoetin alfa in primary breast cancer--outcome on prognosis. Ann Oncol. 2011 Sep;22(9):1999–2006. [PubMed: 21382868]
- Blohmer JU, Wuerschmidt J, Petry K, et al. Results with sequential adjuvant chemo-radiotherapy with vs. without epoetin alfa for patients with high-risk cervical cancer: results of a prospective, randomized, open and controlled AGO and NOGGO-intergroup study. Ann Oncol. 2004;15(Suppl 3):128.
- Untch M, Fasching P, Bauerfeind I, et al. PREPARE trial. A randomized phase III trial comparing preoperative, dose-dense, dose-intensified chemotherapy with epirubicin, paclitaxel and CMF with a standard dosed epirubicin/cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel +/− darbepoetin alfa in primary breast cancer: A preplanned interim analysis of efficacy at surgery. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26(15S Part I):10. [abstract no. 517] [PubMed: 21385882]
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US), Rockville (MD)
Grant MD, Piper M, Bohlius J, et al. Epoetin and Darbepoetin for Managing Anemia in Patients Undergoing Cancer Treatment: Comparative Effectiveness Update [Internet]. Rockville (MD): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US); 2013 Apr. (Comparative Effectiveness Reviews, No. 113.) Appendix J, Other Tumor Outcomes.