This report has been reviewed in draft form by individuals chosen for their diverse perspectives and technical expertise, in accordance with procedures approved by the National Research Council's Report Review Committee. The purpose of this independent review is to provide candid and critical comments that will assist the Institute of Medicine in making the published report as sound as possible and to ensure that the report meets institutional standards for objectivity, evidence, and responsiveness to the study charge. The review comments and draft manuscript remain confidential to protect the integrity of the deliberative process. The committee wishes to thank the following individuals for their participation in the review of this report:
- JOHN ALDERETE, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio;
- MARK CULLEN, Yale School of Medicine;
- CASWELL A. EVANS, JR., National Institute of Dental Research, Bethesda, Maryland;
- HOWARD KIPEN, Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute, Rutgers University;
- JUDITH R. LAVE, University of Pittsburgh;
- FLOYD MALVEAUX, Howard University College of Medicine;
- GILBERT S. OMENN, University of Michigan;
- ELLEN K. SILBERGELD, University of Maryland; and
- ALICE S. WHITTEMORE, Stanford University School of Medicine.
While the individuals listed above have provided constructive comments and suggestions, it must be emphasized that responsibility for the final content of this report rests entirely with the authoring committee and the Institute of Medicine.
National Academies Press (US), Washington (DC)
Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Environmental Justice. Toward Environmental Justice: Research, Education, and Health Policy Needs. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 1999. Reviewers.