|| Finding BioAssay Data: Estrogen receptor binding
- Find BioAssays that target estrogen receptors
- Find a population of analogs for estrogen, tamoxifen and testosterone in PubChem Compounds
- Using the assays, display estrogen receptor binding activity for these compounds
- Find confirmatory BioAssays that target estrogen receptors
- On the NCBI home page, select PubChem BioAssay from the menu, enter "estrogen receptor"[proteintargetname] in the search box and click .
- Select PubChem BioActivity Summary from the menu.
- Select the Confirmatory assays from the list (check the boxes to their left).
- Click the tab at the top of the page.
- Retrieve PubChem Compound records for estrogen, tamoxifen and testosterone
- Open a new tab or window in your web browser, and navigate to the NCBI home page.
- Select PubChem Compound from the menu, enter estrogen OR tamoxifen OR testosterone in the search box and click .
- Click the Synonym from the
menu. Click .
tab, and select
- Retrieve assay data for these compounds
- Go back to your browser tab/window that contains the assay data table you generated before.
- Click the tab from the second row of tabs.
- Scroll down to the Other Filters section, and click the + next to .
- Select your estrogen OR tamoxifen OR testosterone query from the menu.
- Click the button at the bottom of the page.
- Analyze the results
- Which compounds were tested? (Click on their CID/SID to find out.) Which ones are active? Inactive?
- In which assay(s) were these compounds studied?
- To download the data table, click on the button and follow the directions.
Revised February 13, 2008