|| Finding Literature Linked to Compounds via MeSH:
- Find a substance record for cyanocobalamin
- Recover a full set of linked PubMed abstracts
- Limit the set to those related to pharmacokinetics
- Start with a search in Substance
- On the NCBI home page, choose PubChem Substance from the menu.
- Type cyanocobalamin in the search box.
- Click .
- Restrict the name by complete synonyms
- In the search box, add [completesynonym] to the end of the query (cyanocobalamin). Your query
should be cyanocobalamin[completesynonym].
- Click , and note the number of records.
- Open a record to view available links
- Click on SID .
- Scroll down to the PubMed via Mesh section, and click on .
- Compare to a search with MeSH
- Click on the tab.
- Locate the search you just performed and its history number (query key) to the left. Clear the search box and enter
this number preceded by the # sign (example: #2).
- To see how many of these abstracts you would retrieve by finding cyanocobalamin in the Title or Abstract
text, add this to your query: AND cyanocobalamin[tiab]. Click .
- What if you had searched with "vitamin b 12"? Try it: in your query replace cyanocobalamin with "vitamin B 12"[tiab] and click .
Revised October 9, 2007