Helpful Search Fields
- Properties field
- molecule type (e.g., biomol_genomic[prop])
- GenBank division (e.g., gbdiv_EST[prop])
- gene location (e.g., gene in mitochondrion[prop])
- source database (e.g., srcdb_refseq[prop])
- citation status (e.g., cit_inpress[prop])
- HTGS phase (e.g., htgs_phase3[prop])
- other features (e.g., partial[prop], complete[prop])
- submission types (e.g., population study[prop])
- see note below
- Feature Key (nucleotides only)
- Sequence Length
- Molecular Weight (proteins only)
- Organism (uses Taxonomy db)
A complete list of Search Fields and Qualifiers is available in the Summary Matrices file associated with the Entrez Help Document.
Note about Properties field:
The most commonly used properties are shown on the Limits page as check
boxes or in pop-up menus (see Entrez Help doc for more details).
To see a complete list of properties, browse the index of that field in the database of interest. For example, select the Entrez CoreNucleotide database, follow the link for Preview/Index in the grey bar beneath the search box, select Properties from the Search Field pop-up menu, and press the Index button. Use the Up and Down buttons to scroll through the index.